- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:00 am
- Check that the print server is running on designated work station
- If need be, restart the print server
- Open the print server console and look at the following:
Printer name - thermal/dot matrix - this must be set to dot matrix as the order printers are all dot matrix printers
Com port number ready
Baud-rate is set to 9600 as a default
Flow control is set to Hardware 1 and Paper out detect
- If print server is running, then look at the network set up.
- Check if there is communication lights at the back of printer, if there is no lights it means that there is no communication between work station and printer.
- Check if RJ45 connection is not damaged.
- Check the cable from switch to printer and establish if there is no problem.
- Try ping the printer by opening CMD and type in ping and then the IP address of the printer. If these 2 are not the same, make sure to log into IP printer and adjust the settings.
- If the printer IP address is 192.168.0.30, open a web browser, type in that IP address, then go to TCP/IP settings and change IP address to
192.168.1.30, save changes and reset the printer.
- Once this is done, open printer assignment tool, re assign the printer to the correct IP address.
- Make sure that the printer is only assigned to one work station.